Claim for Financial Assistance
The school recognises that education places financial demands on parents and there are some occasions when parents/carers will find it difficult to meet these demands. Although funds are limited, the school would like to support parents/carers where possible. Certain criteria will be applied in deciding whether any support can be offered.
Consideration will be given to students whose parents/carers are:
- Eligible for free school meals for their children.
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
- Experiencing temporary situations which are causing difficulty, for example caused by recent job loss, bereavement or other serious and unforeseen circumstances.
Priority will be given to parents/carers who have not already been supported by this policy.
Application for financial support will be considered for:
- Obligatory items of school uniform.
- Costs of educational visits that are integral to the curriculum.
- Educational equipment eg. textbooks and revision books.
Making an Application
To apply, please complete the attached Claim for Financial Assistance form. This can be completed by the parent/carer or a member of staff on their behalf. Evidence should be provided to support the eligibility criteria. Please return the form to Mrs Hartland Finance Manager.
All information provided on this form will be kept in the strictest confidence.
If support is agreed, the parent/carer and the Finance Office will be notified.